100% Hydrogen CHP Systems
H2 Enabled CHP is the Lowest Cost & Least Risk
Carbon Reducing Microgrid Technology
Your 2G engine can run from 0 - 100% hydrogen blends, offered commercially today, and easily field retrofitted.
agenitor 115 to 750 kW
World's first truly commercial hydrogen CHP
Hydrogen is considered an important part of the solution to reducing carbon emissions.
2G's CHP units use hydrogen as a climate-neutral fuel to convert it back into electricity - and heat/cool - in a highly efficient, economically attractive, and profoundly environmentally friendly way.
Hydrogen CHP Advantages & Options
- 100% green hydrogen (H2) as a climate-neutral fuel for combined heat and power
- Highly efficient, field-tested natural gas engines from the agenitor product line
- More robust and cheaper than fuel cells
- Wide range of gas types from pure hydrogen to variable gas mixtures with natural gas or lean gases - Use a blend of up to 40% hydrogen
- Delivery as a ready-to-connect container solution able
|agenitor 404c||115 kW||440 MBTU||37.7 %||42.30 %||80.0 %|
|agenitor 406||170 kW||624 MBTU||39.00 %||41.90 %||80.90 %|
|agenitor 408||250 kW||853 MBTU||40.20 %||41.90 %||82.10 %|
|agenitor 412||360 kW||1,266 MBTU||40.50 %||41.70 %||82.20 %|
|agenitor 420||750 kW||2,620 MBTU||39.80 %||40.70 %||80.50 %|
H2 Case Studies
APEX Energy - Germany
At APEX Energy Teterow GmbH in Rostock-Laage, Germany, an agenitor 404c H2 from 2G Energy with an electrical output of 115 kW (129 kW thermal) was commissioned in April 2020 as a plug-and-play container solution. According to the industrial requirements of APEX, the CHP system serves for self-sufficiency.
At its location in Rostock-Laage, within view of the airport, APEX Energy operates the hydrogen power center for Northern Germany. Together with a local partner, Europe’s largest grid-connected hydrogen plant was put into operation to supply the entire location with CO2-neutral energy.
APEX Energy uses the CHP to generate power and heat for its own consumption at its location in Rostock-Laage. APEXIS energy storage units are produced in the factory. Hydrogen, produced using an electrolyzer, is required to operate these units. The hydrogen is generated based on power from photovoltaic and wind energy plants. APEXIS storage units are designed as modular systems and offer safe and comfortable power storage at a location selected by the customer. The standard system is designed for 60 bar pressure and features market-leading permeability and patented connection technology.
At its opening in June 2020, the expansion phase of the APEX hydrogen plant in Rostock- Laage has an electrolysis capacity of 2 MW, its own hydrogen storage system, a combustion cell with an electrical output of 100 kW, and a 115 kW H2 combined power and heat plant as well as a battery storage unit with 1 MWh capacity. The plant concept is made complete with a hydrogen filling station.
The Future of Technology Ready Now
Hydrogen is considered an important part of the solution to reducing carbon emissions
2G's CHP units use hydrogen as a climate-neutral fuel in order to convert it back into electricity - and also heat or cold - in a highly efficient, economically attractive and profoundly environmentally friendly way.
2G Energy's agenitor engine line is highly adaptable
With our agenitor engines, 2G has succeeded in adapting a tried and tested, highly efficient natural gas CHP system so that it can use pure hydrogen in an economically friendly and reliable way for the decentralized generation of electricity and heat.
• 100% green hydrogen (H2) as a climate-neutral fuel for combined heat and power
• Highly efficient, field-tested natural gas engines from the agenitor product line are the backbone of our hydrogen CHP lineup
• Wide range of gas types from pure hydrogen to variable gas mixtures with natural gas or lean gases
• Delivery as a ready-to-connect container solution
Hydrogen CHP Project Options:
• Run on 100% hydrogen
• Use a blend of up to 40% hydrogen gas
• Install Natural Gas CHP today and convert to hydrogen in the future